Interesting Videos

Menu

Urgent Summer Warning Issued After Toddler Suffers 2nd-Degree Burns from Garden Hose


Full of church picnics, waterpark trips, pool days, and all kinds of other fun in the sun, summer is the season most of us look forward to year round.

However, the arguably best season of the year for kids does not come without its risks.

From dangerous sunscreen to dry drowning, summer comes with its fair share of warnings that parents should take serious note of before diving into their fun-in-the-sun activities.

Last Monday, the Las Vegas Fire Rescue shared photos of a toddler who suffered 2nd-degree burns over a third of its body after being scalded by water from a garden hose.

“Here in Las Vegas, a garden hose exposed to direct sunlight during summer can heat the water inside the hose (not flowing) to 130-140 degrees which can cause burns especially to children & animals,” their tweet read. “Let the water flow a few minutes to cool before spraying on people or animals.”

The featured child’s mom was reportedly filling up a kiddie pool when the incident occurred.

“We use it every year to show just how serious a burn can occur to a toddler,” the Las Vegas Fire Rescue Public Information Officer told KTLA 5. “We got a ton of tweets back from people (saying) ‘I never thought about that,’ and that’s why we do it.”

“Sometimes the people don’t realize that for the length of the hose all that water is going to be hot water,” he added.

The Las Vegas Fire Rescue team encourages parents across the country to share this important message to raise awareness and prevent serious injury to other children. See more in the KDKA news clip below:



This post was first and originally published at Source link . All contents and articles are owned by thier respective authors.

Categories:   Miscellaneous

Comments